WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Toastmasters gives you the skills and confidence you need to express yourself in different situations. Whether you’re a leader, a student or a specialist – Toastmasters offers you the most effective and enjoyable process to improve your communication skills. By learning to formulate and express your thoughts clearly, you’ll discover a whole new world of exciting opportunities.
BY JOINING TOASTMASTERS:
- You’ll get to participate in fun meetings every second week as a speaker, evaluator, host, Timekeeper, Grammarian, Ah-counter, General Evaluator or Table Topics master
- Take part in local and international speech contests
- Get access to interactive learning materials that guide you towards your personal goals
- Join our mentorship program
- Be a part of a fun and open-minded group of people, who are passionate about self-development
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE MEETINGS?
The standard Toastmasters Tallinn meetings take place every second week (schedule) and are built up in the following way:
1) The host greets the audience and does a warm-up activity to make people feel comfortable
2) There are 3-4 prepared speeches, usually lasting 5-7min
3) There are 2-3min evaluation speeches for each prepared speech
4) A ca 10min break
5) Table Topics round: 1-2min improv speeches, where everyone is encouraged to participate
6) Reports by Timer, Ah-counter, General Evaluator
7) Awards & Club Business
HOW DO I JOIN TOASTMASTERS TALLINN?
You can visit Toastmasters Tallinn meetings free of charge for as long as you want.
Once you’re ready to start practicing, you can become a member by filling out the membership application and paying the membership fee.
Our membership fee is 69 euros per 6 months. There is also a one-time signup fee of 17.5 euros. Contact us for more information.
Joel Mislav Kunst
Vice President of Education
Vice President of Membership
Sergeant at Arms & Treasurer